Fighting Tirelessly for the Fair Recovery You Deserve
When you are injured as a result of someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions, you have the right to seek justice and a fair recovery. At Tucker Griffin Barnes, we provide dedicated legal representation to victims of negligence, including injured individuals and the families of those wrongfully killed. Our Staunton personal injury lawyers have taken on major insurance companies, large corporations, and other negligent parties in the pursuit of fair compensation for our clients. We are skilled negotiators, seasoned litigators, and tireless legal advocates, capable of helping our clients navigate even the toughest of cases. Throughout the process, we are there for you, providing consistent communication and honest, personalized legal counsel from start to finish.
If you were injured due to the negligence of another person, company, or party, contact Tucker Griffin Barnes at (540) 328-2808 for a free and confidential consultation.
Trusted Legal Representation for All of Life’s Difficult Matters
In addition to our personal injury practice, we provide comprehensive legal services for a variety of challenging situations. Whether you are navigating a divorce, facing criminal charges, filing for workers’ compensation, or making the difficult choice to file for bankruptcy, Tucker Griffin Barnes is here to help. As a full-service law firm with a large team of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys, we have the necessary resources, skill, and access to industry experts to help you pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
At Tucker Griffin Barnes, we truly care about our clients. We are proud to be recognized as authorities in our respective fields and to have built a reputation for honesty, compassion, and integrity. We understand that the legal process is often incredibly intimidating, which is why our legal team takes the time to thoroughly explain everything you need to know in a direct, straightforward manner. At Tucker Griffin Barnes, we listen to you and work to understand your story, your concerns, and your unique legal goals.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries?
Nearly every accident carries some degree of loss—both economic and non-economic in nature. When someone else is at fault for the accident, you shouldn’t have to struggle with these losses (or, in legal terms, “damages”) on your own. A successful personal injury claim/lawsuit can help you recover compensation for your damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses associated with the accident, including: Emergency medical treatment costs, ambulance and/or airlift fees, all treatment required due to your injuries, ongoing medical care, such as rehabilitation therapy, medications and equipment (wheelchairs, ramps, etc.), mental health care, and known, required future medical treatment
- Lost income/wages
- Reduced or lost earning ability (disability)
- Suffering, including reduced or lost life quality, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, etc.
Note that this list is neither exhaustive nor guaranteed; every situation is unique and the exact compensation you may be able to recover will depend on a variety of factors related to your case.
Our experienced lawyers are here to answer your frequently asked questions and provide insight regarding personal injury lawsuits in Staunton, VA.
- What is the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Virginia? A statute of limitations puts a time limit on how long after your accident you are eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. According to Virginia Code section 8.01-243(A), the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is 2 years from the date of the accident. There are a few exceptions to this law, but in general, if you don't file your lawsuit within the specified time-frame you risk having your case dismissed.
- How long does the typical personal injury lawsuit take to resolve? The answer to this question depends primarily on the type of case you're filing. Some cases are resolved quickly or may even reach a settlement before going to court, while others may take years. You can get a better idea of the scope of your case by speaking with our injury lawyers at Tucker Griffin Barnes.
- Do I have to accept the settlement the insurance company offers me? If you have already been dealing with your insurance company for some time and they are giving you their final settlement offer, you should always consult with a professional accident lawyer before accepting. Our lawyers can help you determine whether or not the settlement you're being offered is fair. Not to mention, once you accept a settlement offer it can be nearly impossible to go back and file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Put the insurance company on hold and come speak with our attorneys immediately!
We have successfully helped thousands of people in Staunton and throughout Central Virginia obtain favorable results in a variety of legal matters. Our personal injury team has recovered millions of dollars for victims of negligence, while our criminal defense attorneys have helped their clients aggressively defend their rights. Our estate planning and bankruptcy lawyers have provided skilled and personalized legal guidance for those navigating difficult and trying circumstances. Read our case results to learn more about our history of success.*The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.
Brain injury caused by car accident
Car Accident with Brain Injury
Medical Negligence Leading to Cerebral Palsy Birth
Augusta Health Medical Negligence Leading to Leg Amputation
Shoulder & Back Injury
Laborer with shoulder & low back injuries
Liver Failure & Wrongful Death
Medical Negligence Leading to Liver Failure & Wrongful Death
Worked hard to help me & I’m very grateful!
"Thank you for taking my ‘small’ case. I know you all worked hard to help me and I’m very grateful for all you did for me."Personal Injury Client
Yvonne Griffin was a compassionate person & hands-on!
"Yvonne Griffin represented me in a car accident that required many months of hands-on attention. She was a compassionate person always taking into consideration my limited ability from my brain injury, but not making me feel inferior. I highly recommend Yvonne. She is a true professional."Personal Injury Client
"I highly recommend Yvonne Griffin and her staff. Not only did they get me a great settlement and they also got my medical liens reduced, which meant more money for my family."Personal Injury Client
A Vigorous Commitment to Lower CostsWe work hard to keep our rates lower than our peers.
A Dedicated Focus on Client ServiceWe promptly return phone calls, provide play areas for your children during office visits, and when you need us, we'll visit you at home or at the hospital.
A Deep Knowledge of the LawExpertise matters. Most of our attorneys concentrate in only one or two areas of the law.
A Strong ReputationWe're respected attorneys who live to fight and win for our clients.